Saturday, April 5, 2008

Please, this is a LOL free zone.

I hate people that use emoticons and internet slang. Where did we get the idea that butchering the English language was cool? ROFL? BRB? SFW? Come on. I understand that phone texting necessitated a sparse form of communication because you were paying per character. But with most plans that’s just not the case anymore and it never was an issue on the internet. Emoticons are the scurvy of written word. (That’s right, the pirate disease). If you can’t write a sentence that communicates effectively without a ;) a :( or a :0 then I say that’s it were done. We mine as well pack it up now as a generation.

I guess what I’m trying to say is people that use emoticons in their writing should have their nose rubbed in it. And by “It” I of course mean my ass.

Cheers;)

2 comments:

anime_nippleclip said...

I has a dream!

Maverick&Rhyme said...

I understand where you're coming from, people should learn to convey emotion through their writing; this is why the English language is going down the drain. I also think that emoticons can come in handy, if you're not with a person, & you want to ahow that you feel a certain way. But this wouldn't be a problem if people learned to write better...so I'm not sure what I think.